When does innovation become innovative? In a recent review, I stumbled across Rick Warren’s, talk from TEDxOrangeCoast. With innovation and discovery asking the right question is more important than the answer. He’s compiled a list of 8 questions everyone should ask. He calls them his 8 Nations of Innovation:
- Determination – What do I need to stop/change?
- Collaboration – How do we do it together?
- Combination – How can we combine opposites?
- Elimitation – What can we remove?
- Reincarnation – What died that we can bring back to life?
- Rejuvenation – How can we change purposes or motivation?
- Illumination – How can we look with new light?
- Fascination – How can we make it more interesting?